Substitute Teacher: San Antonio Campuses
In the absence of the classroom teacher, the substitute teacher provides instruction, encourages student progress, and manages the learning environment.
The essential functions for this position are:
1. Follows professional practices consistent with school and system policies in working with students, students’ records, parents, and colleagues.
- Interacts in a professional and cooperative manner with students, parents and school personnel.
- Maintains student confidentiality.
- Works cooperatively with all school personnel and parents.
- Takes precautions to protect records, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising students in out-of-class settings.
- Is punctual.
- Dresses in a manner consistent with school policies.
2. Complies with the policies and procedures of IDEA Public Schools.
- Conducts assigned classes at the times scheduled.
- Enforces policies and procedures concerning student conduct and discipline.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and appropriate records and files.
3. Demonstrates professional practices in teaching.
- Models correct use of the English language both verbally and written.
- Follows teacher lesson plans as required by school policy.
- Assigns reasonable tasks and homework to students as directed.
4. Acts in a professional manner.
5. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 60 college credit hours
- Able to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- 1+ yrs. of Teaching/Substitute Experience
- Works cooperatively with all school personnel and administration
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Aspiration to teach full-time at IDEA
Please Note: IDEA Public Schools hires Substitute Teachers on an as needed basis. Applications are available to be submitted throughout the year however this does not guarantee work. Applications are screened and selected for processing on a periodic basis. Please do not contact the Human Resources Department to inquire about your application status unless you have first been contacted. We appreciate your interest in working with IDEA Public Schools.
Selection Process: After submitting your online application, IDEA will review your materials. Candidates with a track record of success who pass the initial application screening will be invited to a phone or video interview. Candidates who are successful with this second interview will move into final consideration by the hiring manager.
Application Instructions: please select "Apply Now" in the upper-left hand corner of this page. You will then be taking to the application portal entrance. After you create a new profile, you will be able to apply directly for this role. If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.