Regional Director of Staffing: Tarrant County
Location: This position is based out of IDEA's Headquarters offices in Tarrant County, TX.
Role Mission: IDEA’s Tarrant County Regional Director of Staffing will be charged with leading recruitment and hiring for IDEA’s Tarrant County region. The regional director will work closely with the regional Executive Director to attract, engage, and select high quality teacher and leader candidates for all campus openings, and support campuses with the retention of their talent. They will manage one Talent recruiter and two Talent Partners who will work to recruit and hire over 250 team members for the Tarrant County region. The Regional Director is responsible for developing the regional recruitment strategy and managing the selection, hiring, and matriculation process for all campus positions at IDEA to ensure that our campuses have the talent IDEA requires in order to meet its student achievement goals of 100% college matriculation. They serve as strategic partners to school and regional leaders around organizational health, retention, staffing, and other talent needs.
100% of Teachers and Co-Teachers are hired by the first day of school
- 98% of teachers and co-teachers will be hired 2 weeks before their designated summer training.
- Determine regional hiring projections and weekly benchmark goals to manage hiring throughout the year.
- Schedule and plan early hiring events.
- Communicate progress with senior district and regional leadership.
- Evaluate the health of our grade level and content pools based on our projected hiring need, and adjust course accordingly.
- Participate in regular check ins with school and regional leaders to ensure talent partners are investing them in hiring early and effectively and in identifying their most up to date hiring needs.
- Effectively train staffing team to screen teacher and co-teacher candidates to ensure only the strongest are made available to our principals to hire.
- Identify challenging areas that prohibit hiring progress and problem solve with staffing team to create a plan of action.
100% of Leaders are hired by the first day of school
- 98% of Leaders hired 2 weeks before their designated training date.
- Create and communicate the district promotion process that also includes cut-off dates for considering internal candidates.
- Determine leader hiring projections.
- Invest principals in coaching and developing their teaching staff to be leader ready.
- Plan and facilitate regional leader super interview days.
- Communicate consistently around vacancies and promotions to ensure a smooth hiring process for all leader positions.
Attract 200 teacher applications to Tarrant County in the 17-18 school year.
- Represent IDEA at career fairs and other events to attract large groups of talent to IDEA
- Leverage social media and other mechanisms for communication to attract and engage prospects
- Strategically engage in individual outreach to ensure prospects become applicants
- Hold events including happy hours, coffee shop hours, school tours, etc.
- Leverage Salesforce to track and monitor prospects and ensure that they convert to applicants
- Identify top sources of talent and increase recruitment efforts within these pipelines
- Engage in at least 4 external events each month
- Hold at least 15 1:1 meetings each month with strong prospects
- Create and maintain a calendar of recruitment events
- Leverage other staffing team members as well as other stakeholders to attend events
Manage the internal referral campaign to bring a total of 40 referrals to Tarrant County.
- Partner with regional team members and principals-in-residence to identify people in their networks to cultivate for staffing opportunities
- Develop incentives and rewards to encourage internal referrals
- Partner with teams in other regions to identify other pools for referrals
- Follow up with referrals to ensure that they convert to applicants
Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Regional Director of Staffing will manage a team of three, 1 Talent Recruiter and 2 Talent Partners.
- Exceptional Coach and Manager: You’re a caring and passionate leader and role model who can mentor, develop, and lead your team to exceptional results.
- Compelling Communicator: You’re able to woo people through clear, succinct, engaging written and verbal communication.
- Savvy Networker: You enjoy building relationships with people and organizations, and are able to build investment in working and partnering with IDEA across internal teams and external organizations.
- Strategic Problem-Solver: You can develop creative ways of addressing problems in order to reach your goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4+ years of work experience, 2+ years of experience in education preferred
- Experience recruiting preferred
- Management experience preferred
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.